I ate a lot of mexiflavored things yesterday. I had fiesta eggs for breakfast. An egg and an egg white fried up and topped with paprika corn, avocado, and tomatoes — don’t forget the hot sauce!
Then for dinner I had Pizza From Mexico! I even roasted my own poblano pepper to do it! Here’s how to roast your pepper:
- Put the whole pepper on your grill pan on med-high heat.
- Turn the pepper every few minutes until all the skin looks sort of burned
- Peel off the burned skin (this is EXACTLY like peeling sunburned skin — so if you’re into that, try this recipe)
- Chop your skinless pepper.
It’s really easy!
So to make the rest of the pizza you either make crust out of a package or just buy a crust at the store. Then in the food processor you chop up
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 roma tomatoes
- a few shakes of hot sauce
- lots of cilantro (I say lots because I love cilantro — if you could take it or leave it, just add a little)
This is going to be your “pizza sauce”.
Now you need to grill up some corn. I just threw some frozen corn on my grill pan along side my pepper. I sprinkled on some cayenne for some heat and grilled until the corn smelled yummy.
Chop up 1 1/2 avocados.
Grill up a chicken breast. Make sure you put chili powder, cumin, and paprika on the chicken — that way it will taste like it’s from down Mexico way.
Now load up your pizza! Put on the sauce, the pepper, the corn, and the chicken. Sprinkle with fiesta cheese and pop it in the over to get all melty. When it comes out top with avocado and sour cream (and more cilantro if your like me and could eat your way out of a cilantro field).
Yes, it’s cut Barnaby’s style.