Knives can be scary.
But you need them. They are good for lots of things. Like:
- cutting potatoes
- cutting cans
- cutting pennies
- slicing tomatoes
- smooshing garlic
- opening champagne in a fancy way
Most likely you already have some knives — but they might not be wonderful. Here are my knives:
They were a gift 4 years ago from Kellen when I was on a BIG Rachel Ray kick. They are made by Furi and have nice grippy handles. You might not be comfortable using super sharp knives, but they are actually SAFER than a duller knife. You have to use twice the force to cut through things with a dull knife so if you slip you are gonna really slice into yourself. Don’t get me wrong, it hurts like a mofo when you slice yourself with a sharp knife. I cut into my thumb the second week I had these and thought I might die — but trust me, sharp is the way to go.
Here’s why they are so wonderful:
- There are three of them, so no matter what you are doing there’s a knife to help you do it!
- They don’t spot when you wash them. You know how cheaper cutlery sometimes spots.
- The Furi logo on my favorite of the three knives is fading — I just love that I’ve used it enough to cause fading!
- Four years later they are STILL sharp.
- When I cut with them I feel like a chef!
Here is my favorite of the knives.
So go out and get yourself some good knives. Nobody likes chopping with a steak knife.